On May 30th at approximately 8:30 pm the Harford Fire Department was dispatched to 218 Brookside Drive for a reported building fire.  While responding, units were advised the fire was located in the clothes dryer and all occupants had exited the home.  Upon the arrival of the first due engine a light smoke condition was reported coming from the main entrance of the building.  First arriving personnel that entered a building with a single hose line reported a smoldering fire located in the clothes dryer.  One of the occupants reported that they were alerted by the smoke detector and noticed the fire in the clothes dryer.  Two of the occupants quickly extinguished the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher before exiting the home. The clothes dryer was removed from the home and personnel checked the laundry room for extension.  No extension was found and the scene was quickly brought under control.  Fire Departments from Lebanon, Hanover, Hartland and Norwich also responded to the incident.  The incident was completed at 9:18 pm.