Mascoma Community Healthcare Breaks Ground
Mascoma Community Healthcare broke ground on a new health care facility on Tuesday. The Healthcare facility will serve the health needs of the five Mascoma towns; Canaan, Dorchester, Enfield, Grafton and Orange. So far the organization has
- Raised $530,000 in local contributions.
- Received a commitment for $3,487,000 in loans for the land, building, and equipment.
- Have a bridge loan offer from Bank of New Hampshire.
- Completed all designs and engineering.
- Prequalified 9 general contractors
- Received a low bid of $2,520,000 submitted by North Branch Construction on February 19, 2016.
- Purchased Site February 11, 2016.
- Started recruitment of personnel..
- Negotiated a plan for merger of an existing Upper Valley medical practice into the clinic.
- Formed a committee of people experienced in self-insurance to create community health insurance policies that capture the savings from the new Health Center.
Sunapee Police Thank Sturm Ruger
The Sunapee Police Department presented Sturm Ruger Inc. with a plaque on Tuesday night. Sunapee Police Chief David Cahill recognized the company for supplying the police department with arms and training.
Tom Sullivan, Vice President of Operations at Ruger was unable to attend the presentation at the Sunapee Selectboard Meeting and sent representatives, Jay Merrill, Graham Rockwell, John Clarke, and Mark Guernin to accept the plaque.
In addition each received a custom Sunapee Police Department pen set with the words”Success through team work 2016”.
Nelson Man Charged with Distribution of Heroin
A Nelson NH man was sentenced to seven plus years in state prison for heroin distribution. Daigle distributed heroin as an alleged drug runner for Ross Gould, age 28, of Richmond, New Hampshire.
On March 10, 2015, a search by law enforcement of a locked safe Gould maintained at Daigle’s residence resulted in the seizure of over a kilogram of heroin and large quantities of cocaine and prescription pills. The same day, a search executed at Gould’s Richmond, New Hampshire residence resulted in the seizure of additional narcotics, currency and 14 firearms.
Daigle pled guilty to the charges on January 11, 2016.